Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2017 12:40:10 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <markmi@dsl-only.net>
Subject:   Re: Unicode strageness with lldb

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk  wrote on Mon Mar 20 14:55:44 =
UTC 2017:

> Using the lldb installed with 11-STABLE from an hour or so ago. Thoigh
> I dont know when this started, as I have been using db until now.
>=20
> First command I type is fine, subsequent commands, every keypress I
> type looks like this:
>=20
> (lldb) \U+7F68\U+7F65\U+7F08
>=20
> That's an attempted 'bt' so something is adding 0x7F00 to it =
somewhere.
>=20
> Anyone else seeing this ? Its in a standard xterm, options '-sb +lc =
-en utf8'
> but I have tried with other options and it does the same thing.

There was a time a while back when I was seeing such in a head (12)
context. I'm not sure about the specific values after the +'s but \U
prefixed output was definitely involved. I was not explicitly using
any of the options that you list in those ssh sessions (from a
macOS environment).

I discovered that if I typed ^C it would output a new prompt and
start taking/displaying input normally.

I've not had such an issue in a while.

I never managed to isolate what contributed to it happening.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net