Date:      Thu, 04 Sep 1997 22:38:49 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        lamaster@george.arc.nasa.gov
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Release Plan

2.2.5 to be released in about 3 weeks.

1. guspnp18 + Luigi's Pnp code to replace 2.2.5 linux sound driver 3.0
   My responsbility is to ensure that guspnp gets checked in.

2. Updated  Bt848 driver to be checked in to both 3.0 -current and 2.2.5
   I will provide the code

3. Luigi checks in his PnP code to 2.2.5 and 3.0-current

4. Minor checking for isa.c to both 2.2.5 and 3.0-current

5. Updated Bt848 web page which is going go under the FreeBSD
   Multimedia Web Page , if anyone wants to jazz up the Bt848
   Web page  now is a good time. I have Steve's Passe
   Bt848 Project Web Page, if you are interested!

3.0  5 days for the next CDROM snapshot.

1. Luigi's sound driver replaces  the existing linux sound driver 3.0
   and all near term  FreeBSD sound driver development will be based
   on his sound driver.

It would be nice if Randall can check in his fxtv package
under /usr/share/examples/bktr to both 2.2.5 and 3.0-current.
What I would like to see is a tarball of all the packages
that fxtv needs mpeg encoder/decoder , etc..

The same goes for Steve Passe's and his tuner code.

If anyone feels that they have a package which should be included
in 2.2.5 or 3.0 now is a good time to step in and do something
about it.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio