Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 1996 19:49:46 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: Manuel Bouyer: update of atapi driver

In message <29434.824001055@time.cdrom.com> Jordan K. Hubbard writes:

>I would like to campaign for adopting the NetBSD ATAPI driver and
>throwing ours away.  This doesn't come down to any technical
>comparison between the two, simply the fact that NetBSD's driver
>appears to be far more actively maintained.  The 5 or 6 bug reports
>and generate "status?  help?" queries I've sent to Serge Vakulenko,
><vak@cronyx.ru> since 2.1 was released have gone completely
>unanswered, and I can only conclude that he's abandoned it.

I just try our current driver with DSC IDE CD:
it shows garbadge on attach state for empty second unit
and hangs completely on first atapi request (CD works fine under DOS).

I'll like to try NetBSD driver and see how it can handle my CD.
I think we can have two drivers at once for a while until NetBSD
driver becomes true superset.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -