Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:02:10 -0700
From:      Stacy Millions <stacy@millions.ca>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Subject:   Re: Java with simpler tools - question

j mckitrick wrote:
> So about the fastest/lightest combination would be an editor, jikes,
> and ant, correct?

That is my take on it, yes. You had stated that you were doing this
for education purposes. I don't know what level of a programmer you
are, but you might want to take a look at bluej. I am using it to
teach my kids java, it has a couple of interesting features as a
learning tool (what it was designed for). The ports version assumes
the linux-jdk1.3, but it is not difficult to make it work with
the native jdk1.3.

-stacy

--
You'll see it's all a show. Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

Stacy Millions                                       stacy@millions.ca
Millions Consulting Limited