Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2012 23:05:58 +0100
From:      David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dualboot with Windows 7

Hello,

I try to create a dualboot with Windows 7, I set up partitions like that :

ada0s1 -> NTFS (windows recovery)
ada0s2 -> NTFS (windows main partition)
ada0s3 -> BSD
	ada0s3a -> freebsd-swap (3G)
	ada0s3b -> freebsd-ufs / (remaining space from drive)

And then I let the installer complete the step, because FreeBSD didn't
let you (since 9.0) choose between the boot manager nothing was
installed and the boot directly goes to Windows 7.

I installed EasyBCD to add a new entry to FreeBSD on the third
partition, but when I choose the FreeBSD entry nothing happens, only the
_ character blinking.

Thus I tried bsdlabel -B ada0s3 from the FreeBSD iso shell but it didn't
solve. What can I do to boot FreeBSD now?

Cheers,

--
David Demelier