Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2017 09:51:47 -0700
From:      "James E. Pace" <james@pacehouse.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Roger_Pau_Monn=C3=A9?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: FreeBSD 11.1 xen trying to create linux domU instance

Thank you for the responses; I appreciate the help.

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 1:11 AM, Roger Pau Monn=C3=A9 <roger.pau@citrix.com=

> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 10:56:33AM -0700, James E. Pace wrote:
>>

> > First, each time I boot the (physical) system, I have to tell the FreeB=
SD
>> > boot loader to turn on xen.  (That is, hit 6 to set options, then 7 to
>> > enable xen, then 1 to return to the main menu, then 1 to boot).  Is
>> there a
>> > way to make this the default behavior?
>>
>> Yes, you need to add the following to /boot/loader.conf:
>>
>> xen_kernel=3D"/boot/xen"

I have already added this to loader.conf, as suggested in the FreeBSD
handbook section on Xen, which I followed.    I figure this allows the
possibility of booting xen, but doesn't make it the default?

[Deleted info about not booting Linux.  I added 'raw' for the zfs
filesystem as hda and that didn't change anything.  However, after leaving
it for hours, it appears that the domU got further in the boot process.
Investigation continues.]

> > Third, on my DomU FreeBSD guest, I'm trying to set up X / Gnome3.  The
>> > mouse pointer and the little dot are far apart; that is, the mouse isn=
't
>> > tracking my movements well.  I found several suggestions to add
>> > "usbdevice=3Dtablet" to the config file, but that caused it to not
>> respond to
>> > my mouse at all.  Suggestions?
>>
>> This should be:
>>
>> usbdevice=3D['tablet']

This didn't change the behavior; mouse still does not move.  Any other
thoughts?

Thank you,

James
--=20