Date:      Wed, 16 May 2012 05:25:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sebulon <karli.sjoberg@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/167562: [geli] geli cannot use gpt labels in loader.conf

Hi,

I have a related problem. That if I create a .eli provider ontop of a
gpt-label, like:
# geli init -b -s 4096 -l 128 -e AES-CBC gpt/diskX
and then create a zpool using gpt/diskX.eli. When rebooting, it will find
(a)daXpX first and prompt me to unlock that one before gpt/diskX, which is
the one I want to unlock, because if you unlock (a)daXpX, zpool will
resilver onto (a)daXpX instead of the gpt-provider. This is an unwanted
behaviour for me, since I wanted zpool to use the logical gpt-provider, in
case anything should happen with it=C2=B4s physical representation. Not typ=
ing in
a password for (a)daXpX three times makes it jump on to the next in line,
which is the gpt/diskX, but could be somewhat tiresome if there where, say
10 drives that you needed to unlock and had to type in a wrong (or empty)
password 30 times, and the right password 10 times to complete the process.

Is there a way to specify only which provider(s) I want to unlock during
boot?

Using FreeBSD-9.0-RELEASE. Have I missed something?

/Sebulon