Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 1996 12:56:22 -0600
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, owner-freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  help with POP3 email via Netscape 2.0bX

>Has anyone been successful in using the email client of the BSDI version of
>Netscape Navigator 2.0bX (I'm now using 2.0b4) to talk to a POP3 server?

Yes, I've used both beta 3 and 4 with the POP3 server at work (runs on an
HP/UX workstation).

>When I try to retrieve my mail, I'm told that the password is incorrect,
>and the Popper log files on the server agree.  Any thoughts on why this
>doesn't work?  Some sort of difference between BSDI and FreeBSD?

I've gotten this before, but only when my password *was* incorrect.

>I have no trouble using Eudora or other Pop3 clients.
>
>thanks,

>  Charles Owens                                  Email:  owensc@enc.edu
>                                       "I read somewhere to learn is to
>  Information Technology Services     remember... and I've learned that
>  Eastern Nazarene College            we've all forgot..."   - King's X

I forgot to add that Netscape beta 3 and 4, work on my FreeBSD system at home
as well as at work.  At home they connect to my ISPs Sun POP3 server.

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org