Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 21:52:44 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Matt Burke <matt@botchitt.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xircom Realport 10/100+56 problem

I'm trying to get this nic working under 4.5-release.  The model number on
the back is 'XEM5600' (also reported by pccardc dumpregs). It's a
16bit realport nic/modem afaict identical to other models
supported.

Initially pccardd wouldn't recognise it, so I added the following lines to
pccard.conf:

card "Xircom" "10/100 Network + 56K Modem PC Card"
	config	0x27 "xe" ?
	insert	/etc/pccard_ether $device start
	remove	/etc/pccard_ether $device stop

this results in (hand typed):
pccard[]: Card BLAH matched BLAH
pccard[]: Found existing driver (xe) for Xircom
pccard[]: Using I/O addr 0x2e8, size 8
pccard[]: Setting config reg at offs 0xff80 to 0x67, Reset time = 50ms
pccard[]: Assigning I/O window 0, start 0x2e8, size 0x8 flags 0x7
pccard[]: Assign xe0, io 0x2e8-0x2ef, mem 0x0, 0 bytes, irq 9, flags 0
pccard[]: driver allocation failed for Xircom(10/100BLAH): Device not
cofnigured

No xe0 in `ifconfig`.

I'm not familiar with freebsd driver debugging, nor am I familiar with
pccard[cd].

Can anyone offer any help?

--
Matt Burke