Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 16:51:50 -0400
From:      Mike <mike@fdhosting.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT: Program Speed

Sorry for the off topic question, but I'm not quite sure where else to find
unbiased opinions on this. We currently have a cgi program, written in C,
that is ran about 500,000+ times a day. Each time it is run, it reads from
reads and writes to 2-5 flat text files.

I am in the process of rewriting this program so to add more features and
what not. I am wondering if it would be faster / more efficient if it were
to use MySQL instead of flat text files (over 500,000 accesses daily) in
the C version of the program, or would PHP or a combination of PHP/MySQL be
faster?

Any thoughts/ideas, or a reference as to where I could find such
information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Mike