Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2018 10:43:38 -0700
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@freebsd.org>
To:        FreeBSD Release Engineering Team <re@freebsd.org>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org, =?UTF-8?Q?Dag=2DErling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sudden discontinuation of the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys2 between 11.1 and 11.2

Hi, I've noticed what seems to be omission in the 11.2 release notes.
Starting with 11.2 the default sshd_config only
allows ~/.ssh/authorized_keys, but not both ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys2 as it was the case previously. The change was
brought up by the "MFH (r322052): Upgrade OpenSSH to 7.5p1". This might
affect existing 11.1 users who happen to use the old name updating their
installation. I can't find anything relevant in the 11.2 relnotes document.
It might also be worth mentioning that in the src/UPDATING document.

-Max