Date:      Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:37:44 +0200
From:      Holger.Eitzenberger@t-online.de (Holger Eitzenberger)
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: choosing another random number generator

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 03:39:50PM -0400, Chuck Swiger wrote:

> > 	WARNING: pseudo-random number generator used for IPsec processing
>
> Consider getting something like:
>
> http://www.soekris.com/vpn1401.htm
>
> ...which will provide you with a hardware-based RNG.  You'll need to enable
> some options in the kernel to use it (search for HIFN in LINT)...

I use the box a home VPN gateway with max 3 users at the same
time, so througput is not an issue.  However, according to the
manpage I can switch to the /dev/urandom RNG, while configuring
the "entropy pool" with the $rand_irqs in /etc/rc.conf.

Can someone please tell me how to switch to /dev/urandom?

Thx.

/Holger

--
++ GnuPG Key -> http://www.t-online.de/~holger.eitzenberger ++