Date:      Fri, 08 Jun 2012 15:19:46 PDT
From:      <jsb.__@speakeasy.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Resend] Any chance to lessen number of installed /lang/ paths...

   For some reason, the other browser malformed the previous posting a
   few day= s ago. My apologies; also xpi-it_s_all_text is
   not seen yet in this install, so hopefully this one is not also
   malformed.<= BR> ....
   upon reinstall of perl, python, ruby, I almost always upon reinstall
   encoun= ter left-behind files
   in /perl5/ , etc, subject them to pkg_which one-liners, and it takes a
   good= while.  (IIRC due to
   too many paths, as seen below...)
   As well as unexpected breakage in some ports which expect the old
   paths for= some reason.
   I was wondering if those (perl python ruby) paths could be shortened:
   # /perl5/
   find . -type d | wc -l ( =3D=3D 2900 here)
   into just a few ... for instance if every file was in one subdir one
   could = reinstall a few at a time
   without the excess 'cd' appurtenant to thousands of directories.
   Thanks.
   J. Bouquet
   (Apologies if characters stripped from the message making it again
   practica= lly nonsensical.)
   =