Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 1997 15:06:34 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        bag@sinbin.demos.su (Alex G. Bulushev)
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org, mishania@demos.su
Subject:   Re: troubles with smp kernel

Hi,

>We try to run solaris x86 2.5 on this PC and it works without any problems,
>after booting fbsd with kernel/smp it reboots. Average stable time about 1h,
>maximum time before reboots about 6h. Now we use single 3940 and there is
>no sharing irq's. We change our ram, and there is no parity error, we
>change one CPU and now they have the same step = 6 ...

The mptable looks fine.

I wonder if you have corrupt sources?  Another user reports grossly
unstable system with current CTM sources.  How/where/when did you
get the SMP sources?

Are you seeing any dying procs, sig10/11s, etc. while it is running?
Are there any messages when it reboots?  do you have DDB enabled
in the config file, if not do so.

---
We need to put a reference SMP binary onto the web page.  I don't have
a machine right now,  could someone make an SMPGENERIC and place it
on freefall?  Please coordinate with me first so we don't have duplication
of effort...

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD