Date:      Sat, 18 Jan 2003 19:23:22 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        jason andrade <jason@rtfmconsult.com>
Cc:        Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, "" <hubs@FreeBSD.ORG>, "" <re@FreeBSD.ORG>, marcel@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 5.0-RELEASE bits for i386, pc98, sparc64, and alpha are up

--==_Exmh_-1798155380P

If memory serves me right, jason andrade wrote:

> There are a couple of small inconsistencies at the moment.
>
> in i386, alpha, pc98, sparc64 there is
>
> /pub/FreeBSD/releases/<arch>/ISO-IMAGES/5.0/
>

> in ia64 there is
>
> /pub/FreeBSD/releases/<arch>/ISO-IMAGES/5.0-RELEASE/
>
> can this please be corrected (and mirrors informed beforehand so
> they can manually mv 5.0-RELEASE 5.0) ?

Due to my general lack of archive clue, I personally am hesitant to
touch this.  It sounds reasonable, though.

If this is the worst problem we have, I'd be pretty happy.  :-)

> there is no "disc1" for pc98 or for ia64

I've copied the ia64 platform builder to double check on that.  In the
case of pc98, there's no problem because that's all I was given.  Users
will download the miniinst.iso image, instead of disc1.  (As you
probably know, disc1 = miniinst + packages.)

Cheers,

Bruce.

PS.  I just created a link for /pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-pc98 ... can I
get a point for that?  :-)

--==_Exmh_-1798155380P

--==_Exmh_-1798155380P--