Date:      Sun, 29 Jan 1995 17:46:56 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Atsushi MURAI <amurai@spec.co.jp>
Cc:        NETMGR02@CBE.AB.CA (Glen Larwill Network Programmer Analyst), freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Slip or PPP dial on demand?

>  This is user process PPP software package. Normally, PPP is implemented
>  as a part of kernel and hard to debug and/or modify its behavior.
>  However, in this implementation, PPP is implemented as a user process
>  with the help of tunnel device driver.

Atsushi-san, this is fantastic!  We've needed this for a LONG time.
How easy is the software to set up?  If we could do something at system
installation time, it would also be very useful!  This is the kind
of feature most users will want to configure right away (if not immediately
for the purpose of installing FreeBSD over ppp!) and I would like
to offer it in at least one of the installation menus.

Who are you working with on the commit list to get the changes merged
back into -current?  I'd like to see this as soon as possible, myself! :-)

Best regards,

					Jordan