Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:51:18 -0500
From:      george donnelly <list@zettai.net>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: top for 4.10 jail - looking to work with a someone to make it work

Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu> on 8/18/04 wrote:

>>I need top for 4.10 jails to work, and i know a lot of other people
>>would like it.
>>
>>So i am looking for someone who like to develop a new patch for
>>it (if it doesn't already exist?) and then keep the patch up to
>>date. we're willing to pay and would of course want to release
>>it back to the community.
>
>Disclaimer: I have not worked with jails...
>
>What does `top' do in jails right now?

it throws an error about kvm_open (naturally). i have read that there
are other ways to get at the information...

>What would you like it to do?  I assume you want people to
>only see the processes in their own jail, and not other
>the ones in other jails.

to work "normally" ;)

>Does `ps' work in jails the way you would like it to work?

it works perfectly.
<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ ICQ: 51907738 ~ Sales (USA): 1-866-967-3669