Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:40:50 +0000
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compiled in module disablement?

How hard/easy would it be to disable a pre-compiled in kernel
module? In my case I've got a machine here that's running ipfw,
and I want to make some experimental changes without rebooting the
box.

Ideally I could recompile a ipfw.ko, disable the pre-compiled-in
one (isn't this just a matter of removing it from some linked lists?
I don't mind it still being in core - in fact I'll probably just
switch it on again after I've finished), and kldload the external
image.

Joe