Date:      Sat, 6 Jun 2020 16:54:05 -0700
From:      Douglas Thrift <douglaswth@gmail.com>
To:        woodsb02@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: dhcpcd-9.1.0

Hello,

I just upgraded to dhcpcd 9.1.0 and I'm running into some weird issues.
The first thing I noticed was that the value for `pidfile` changed which
made a `service dhcpcd restart igb0` fail initially. After figuring this
out, I was able to stop the previous dhcpcd manually and then I
discovered that the `pidfile` was still incorrect:

        pidfile="/var/run/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-$ifn.pid"

should actually be:

        pidfile="/var/run/dhcpcd/$ifn.pid"

However, even after changing that, running `service dhcpcd start igb0`
was sticking to the foreground rather than daemonizing and returning me
to a prompt. I tried a number of ways to pass the -b/--background flag,
but even just running `dhcpcd -b igb0` manually did not daemonize.

Could you look into these issues?

Thanks!
--
Douglas William Thrift