Date:      Fri, 05 Sep 1997 22:04:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-connect.net>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, smp@FreeBSD.ORG, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Subject:   Re: Scary DPT problem.

Hi Jaye Mathisen;  On 05-Sep-97 you wrote:

>  My apologies.  I'm well aware of the purpose of -current vs -stable.  I
>  was more concerned with the fact that it appears to be possible to get
>  the
>  DPT controller so scrambled up that a simple reboot doesn't reset it.

It (the DPT controller) is a computer with a precise and specific sequencer
implemented in the EATA protocol.  If the O/S is doing something strange, it
may decide to stop playing.  Besides, you have no real proof what hung up.
I am not going to consider this a DPT driver bug until I see more data.

>  I don't see this so much as a 3.0 problem, as a DPT issue, but I could
>  be
>  off base.  Wouldn't be the first time... :0

You are off base in this particular case.

---

Sincerely Yours,                               (Sent on 05-Sep-97, 21:55:33
by XF-Mail)

Simon Shapiro                                                Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect         14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR 97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net          Voice:  503.643.5559, Emergency: 503.799.2313