Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:44:27 +0200
From:      Johann Kois <J.Kois@web.de>
To:        Damir Lampa <lampa@mioc.hr>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with PCMCIA

Damir Lampa wrote:

> I'm using 4.3 RELASE, and whenever I insert the Actiontec 33600+LAN combo
> card everything freezes. I can only turn the laptop off (Dell Inspiron
> 4000). The card gets recognized in w2k as "Multifunction Card LAN and Modem
> Combo". When I remove the card, everything remains frozen. Pccardd is
> running with the default config. As for kernel, everything for PCMCIA
> support is the same as in GENERIC. If the card is inserted while kernel
> boots up, it again freezes before the partitions are mounted.
>
> I would appreciate any feedback on this very much!

Hi!

Altough I don't know this card, I know the problem (for a 16-Bit-pccard).

As far as I know there is a misconfiguration in the GENERIC kernel and
this problem was discussed several times in this mailing list.

A solution could be to set an irq for your pccard. I think it's because
pcic went to polling mode by default but must be in interrupted mode for
correct working.

In my case (problem with pccard modem) this was the solution.

Johann Kois