Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 1998 16:55:21 -0600 (CST)
From:      George Vagner <kf7nn@mutsgo.dyn.ml.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   best way to recover

someone said that i should never run fsck on a "live" file system,
what do they mean by "live" and is this true?

well i did run fsck from a remote location and it gave me some errors which i told it to fix
and upon next boot the system hung. I booted into single user mode and ran fsck
again which it found more errors and i told it to fix them. Now the system is back
to normal i THINK...

what is the best way to make sure that all my binaries are in tact and my kernel
is ok?