Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 12:49:55 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, David Dawes <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au>
Subject:   Re: Faster X Updates

Because perfmon handles the modal register and it has code in it
to check for different CPUs etc.

At any rate, Dyson just posted his way of enabling write combine for
the frame buffer.

To David,

Hi

 Dyson, just posted a way of enabling write combine on a vga frame buffer.
 What do you think is it something that the XFree86 team can tackle?
 We can of course take care of it in the form of freebsd however I think
 it will be best if Dyson's method is somehow incorporated into
 XFree86.

	Tnks!
	Amancio