Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:12:34 -0700
From:      Ed Flecko <edflecko@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to use subversion to keep source, system and doc files up to date?

I see that CVS is being phased out in favor of subversion.

I follow the documentation to keep my system up to date by doing:

# cd /usr/src
# make buildworld
# make buildkernel
# make installkernel
# shutdown -r now

and then...

# mount -u /
# mount -a -t ufs
# adjkerntz -i
# mergemaster -p
# cd /usr/src
# make installworld
# mergemaster
# reboot

I've "pre-populated" my /usr/ports, /usr/src and /usr/src/sys
directories when I installed my system.

I've installed subversion from package, I want to follow the Stable
(same as "Patch", right?) branch, and I'm struggling how to best use
subversion to update my kernel source, system files, documentation,
etc., so I can keep my system up to date.

Can someone tell me how to use subversion to keep my /usr/ports,
/usr/src and /usr/src/sys directories up to date?

Thank you,
Ed