Date:      Mon, 08 Mar 2010 10:43:12 +0200
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: another gpt vs mbr (sanity) check

on 08/03/2010 01:31 Marcel Moolenaar said the following:

> The best of all worlds doesn't exist anymore. It was how it
> was designed to be and not how it's used at this time.

So, I guess it is carved in stone and there is no point in trying to discuss it.
I'll keep the patch for myself, then.

P.S. Both Windows 7 and OpenSuSE 11.2 handled the disk in question properly from
my point of view, as an MBR disk, only FreeBSD considered it a GPT one.  I have
no access to MacOS.

--
Andriy Gapon