Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 2002 16:53:31 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: anybody running FreeBSD on a crusoe laptop?

Hi Warner;

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> In message: <Pine.LNX.4.44.0207311620290.19060-100000@jupiter.linuxengine.net>
>             John Utz <john@utzweb.net> writes:
> : Has any one had any experience with this or any other crusoe based laptops
> : and freebsd?
>
> I have a transmeta based machine.  It is a Caseo Fiva.

what did you find to be appealing about the fiva? i'd have to get that
thru dynamism because it's not imported to america, correct?

and, are you expecting it to replace your netbsd-hpc nec mobilepro 780?

( note for other users, this is a carryover from a different list that
both warner and i are on, this is nifty little WinCE device that has
netbsd running on it. )

> It works great, except for two things.  1) It requires acpi to do pm.
> 2) Bogus intline are written to the cardbus bridge, so there are some
> issues getting it to work.  These are specific to the fiva.

and since you own one, it's much easier for you to fix it!

>  The Japanese community has a lot of miles on their transmetas and they
> basically work.

this is good to hear.

tho the mail that i got back from other folks seems to indicate that i can
continue using my hp800ct as long as i ride on airlines that provide
power. I seem to have taken the wrong airline on my last trip (
continental)

--

John L. Utz III
john@utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life