Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:45:40 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, uspoerlein@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: msdosfs and cd9660: stat(2) returns garbled birthtime

Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
 > at least msdosfs and cd9660 do not fill the birthtime for the stat(2)
 > syscall. Thus stat(1) will return different values per call:
 > [...]
 > The code in cd9660_getattr() and msdosfs_getattr() should be
 > augmented. But what value to put into the field? Clearly, a constant
 > would be preferred instead of an uninitialized value.

Please see PR kern/106018.  It fixes the msdosfs case;
it has already been committed a few weeks ago.

I haven't looked at the cd9660 code, but if you see
similar problems there, then I guess it needs a similar
fix.  ;-)

Best regards
   Oliver

"C++ is the only current language making COBOL look good."
        -- Bertrand Meyer