Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 18:56:48 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hasty@netcom.com (Amancio Hasty Jr)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI Bus and bt848 driver...

> I want to see if any PCI bus has a high PCI clock and the actual
> setting of the PCI clock for the bt848.

is it supposed to change with the OS release given the same hardware ?
I have had this very same problem with a P5-90, PPro-200, Pentium2-300,
in all cases switching back to 2.2.6 cured the problem.

Roger was having the same exact problem on all of his machines i
think.

> The output of the debug printfs will give us a clue as
> to what is upsetting the bt848 also it is the way that
> I have managed to debug many of the problems with
> the folks over at the freebsd mailing list so this
> request is not new from me.

right, but i always saw the request, and never (i think) saw a feedback
so i was curious...

> 	Cheers,
> 	Amancio
> P.S.: the verbose boot message may help isolate the problem
> to a given hardware or PCI chipset ; additionally, please
> include whether you are using PAL or NTSC.

PAL. not sure that it makes a difference, anyways; vic uses a very low
res (CIF).

	cheers
	luigi
  Luigi RIZZO, luigi@iet.unipi.it  . Dip. di Ing. dell'Informazione
  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/  . Universita` di Pisa
  TEL/FAX: +39-050-568.533/522     . via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)

		  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/ngc99/
====  First International Workshop on Networked Group Communication  ====