Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 1998 22:59:52 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Andrew Stevens <andrew@log.on.ca>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Got a minute?

[sorry for the time-lapse]

> > Regarding the select() error, I'm not sure where this is coming from.
> What
> > does ``pstat -T'' say when (or just before) you get the error ?   Perhaps
> > you're running out of system-wide open files ?
>
>    Here's what pstat -T returned right now; my modem dropped the connection
> about 15 minutes ago:
>
>  66/360 files
>     429 vnodes
> 3M/26M swap space

This should be fixed with the latest ppp on

  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~brian

There was a window where the modem could be closed after the
descriptor was added to an `fd_set' and before it was selected on.

I'm afraid I'm still clueless as to why your modem doesn't respond in
term mode though :-(

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;