Date:      Wed, 22 May 2002 12:06:11 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Weird mouse behaviour under 4.4-R and X-4.1.0_6

I have a box running 4.4-R and X-4.1.0_6 which has a problem
with its mouse that has me stumped.  After a random amount of
time following a reboot (ranging from a couple of days to 30+
days), the mouse will start putting its cursor about 1cm to the
right of the "real" location.  The vertical position is always
correct.  Needless to say, this is very irritating to the user
(my wife).

Unplugging the PS/2 connector and re-installing it does not
help; re-starting X or moused does not help.  As far as I can
tell, a reboot is the only cure.  There are no log messages in
any log that could possibly be relevant.

If anybody has seen this, or has any suggestions for a fix, I'd
be most grateful.

Greg