Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 1999 23:23:13 -0500
From:      Jamie Rishaw <jamie@arpa.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Jamie Rishaw <jamie@arpa.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vinum config problem?

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 01:49:46PM +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:

> This is a mismatch between the kernel module and vinum(8).  You don't
> say which version you're running, so I can't say more than that, but
> you have done something non-standard in the way you installed Vinum.

I'm running vinum 3.1-stable (it was in my original msg) and
FreeBSD 3.3-RC.

> Apart from that, you'll probably find that you can use the volume.  I
> suspect that the report of 'reborn' state is incorrect.

I dont see any devices or anything in /dev/vinum/*, tho.. and when
I go to remake the drivers, I get same error..

Thanks for the quick reply, btw.

-jamie
--
_|_
 A      jamie rishaw is jamie at arpa dot com    .. So what's the speed of dark?

 "Shyness is nice, but shyness can stop you from doing all the things in life
that you'd like to. So, if there's something you'd like to try.. If there's
something you'd like to try ask me - I won't say 'no' - how could I?" //Smiths