Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 2002 11:44:05 +0200
From:      hans@lambermont.dyndns.org (Hans Lambermont)
To:        vadim@e-complex.ru
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: File system failure! URGENT Help needed!

vadim@e-complex.ru wrote:

> booted it writed identical information onto both of that drivers
> It is obvious, that the part of inodes was lost. How can we restore
> it? May be, it is possible to recover that by info what is in the
> files?

I leave the inode magic to someone else, but for your filedata; I'd
start with making a binary file copy of the whole drive (dd using raw
device) so that you can dig trough it, maybe even copy the data parts
that you need from it.

If you have a spare drive that is exactly the same type you could make a
binary copy of the disk to it, and don't need to worry about making the
prolem worse while recovering the data with inode magic.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Hans Lambermont
--
http://lambermont.webhop.org/