Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2000 12:07:23 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@sunbay.com>
To:        Simon Huang <s1m0n@saintmail.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: intel chipset810

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 09:59:47PM -0700, Simon Huang wrote:
> hi,
>
> does anyone know if the intel810 video chipset is supportted by freebsd?
> i've tried it once and was unable to configure for it. i have a link to the
> intel web site where i can download the chipset's linux driver
> http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/linuxsoftware.htm
> can anyone help/tell me how to make a freebsd driver out of it? thank you
> very much

Doug Rabson <dfr@FreeBSD.org> and I are (slowly) working on this driver.
At the moment I have XFree86 3.3.6 running on an i810 chipset.  But the
driver is still incomplete and requires more testing.

But it is possible to run XFree86 3.3.6 without the kernel driver.
You will need to compile from the latest ports/x11/XFree86, have the
I810_UNSUPPORTED_GTT_FALLBACK environment variable set, and have the
following section in your XF86Config:

: Section "Device"
:     Identifier  "i810"
:     Option      "no_accel"