Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2001 23:24:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Wayne Lubin <wayneclubin@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   About the sources

Hi,

Do tarballs exist of the source trees? If not then why
not? I think it would be convenient to be able to ftp
a tarball of the source tree of say 4.4_release,
unroll it and compile it. The same for stable and
current maybe, but for sure it would be convenient for
the release versions. This way the person does not
have to fuss with cvs and cvsup config files etc
etc....

I am sort of a newbie and if I am completely off in
left field with this then just tell me to shut up :).

Wayne