Date:      Thu, 04 Jun 1998 19:25:38 -0700
From:      Albert Kinderman <albert.kinderman@email.csun.edu>
To:        "David H. Brierley" <dave@galaxia.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Plug'n'Play [Was Re: Plug'n'play and PPP]

David H. Brierley wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, albert kinderman wrote:
>

> > I just rebuilt the kernel with the changes to sio.c.  The only difference
> > is that the message CSN 1 disabled appears after the CSN 1 Vendor ID line.
> >
> > Any more tips?  Thanks.
>
> In order to get my Supra 336 to work on my ancient 486 machine, I had to
> boot to the configuration program (type -c at the boot prompt) and then
> enable the modem by typing the following:
>
> pnp 1 0 enable os irq0 3 drq0 0 port0 0x2f8
>
> This set the modem for sio1.  If you want a different port you will need
> to change the irq and port values.

Thanks to Dave Marquard for telling me how to modify the siopnp_ids
array in
sio.c and to David Brierley for the pointers on the configuration
settings,
I now have a working modem.

This is a great group!  Now if only the pnp tips were in the handbook or
the
faq [at least I couldn't find them in a form that I could use].

Al