Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:17:27 -0500
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Subject:   Re: Recent problems with -current on alpha...

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 10:38:17AM -0500, Ken Smith wrote:

> Further comments welcome...  I'm not totally sure where to go from
> here unless Marcel and/or Drew wants to take over... :-)

Enough people were able to look over the patch that we went ahead and
committed it.  There has been one report that it did not help, all the
other feedback so far has been that it helped.

The one system it was reported to not work on was a DS10, I'm not sure
yet if it had a graphical console or serial console.

If you upgrade an Alpha to -current and continue to have problems can
you let me know please?  The one alpha machine I have access to uses
a serial console (and is 3k miles away...) but I'll do what I can to
work out what else could be wrong.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu