Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 11:11:11 -0500
From:      "David L. Aldridge" <dlac@aldridge.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: follow: Re: Problem encountered

Could it be that you do not realize that you are downloading a 'tarball' and not
the actual port?  The port is downloaded as the first step of the make process.
If I have misinterpreted your problem, I am sorry for stating the obvious.  If I
have not, you need to read the documentation on ports.
Regards
Dave

--
David L. Aldridge
The Aldridge Company 281.368.0166 (fax: 281.368.0381)