Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:13:13 +0100
From:      Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
To:        Tobias <c4@portad.se>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Promise SX4000 Support in -STABLE?

Tobias wrote:
> Has anyone run an SX4000 card with success in freebsd? If so, what kind
> of speeds when writing could I expect on a RAID 5 (Yes I know that the
> amount of ram installed should be taken into account but DIMM is cheap...)
Promise SX4000 is an external ATA-SCSI box AFAIK.

I have an RM8000 (the difference should be only that it supports 8 PATA
drives instead of SX4000's 4 and it is in rackmount form, not desktop)
which can read about 30-40 MBps (yes, it's that slow) and write about
the 10-20 MBps, when the cache is turned on.

--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy@fsn.hu
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)           phone @work: +361 210 1415/127