Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 19:14:36 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM Data Explorer goes Open Source

Not exactly multimedia, but related -- scientific visualization.
Some probably already know, but IBM Data Explorer is going open source.

FWIW, this is a commercial SciVis visual programming environment (VPE) with
licenses costing thousands of $.

     http://www.almaden.ibm.com/dx

Now what we need is 3D hardware acceleration.  Come on XFree 4.0.  ;-)

Randall

--- Forwarded mail from hertjwr@us.ibm.com