Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 97 16:51:09 Pacific Standard Time
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz"  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org, Ollivier Robert  <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Subject:   Re: sendmail running non-root SUCCESS!

> Anyone can use any mailer they want, the real discussion has never been to
> choose between one or the other but what should be standard (i.e. in
> /usr/src).

Just to stick my nose in on this one for a moment.  I would in the past, now,
and will continue to vote for sendmail.  Just because another projgram is
newer does not mean that it is any easer to crack, it just means that the
holes have not been discovered yet.  sendmail is not my favorit to work on,
but I will never trade it for anything else.

-Sean
Sean J. Schluntz                                  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Manager, Support Services                        ph. 408.997.6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                    fx. 408.323.2300
6155 Almaden Expressway, Suite 100
San Jose, CA.  95120                             http://www.pinpt.com/

Local Time Sent: 01/15/97 16:51:09