Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:40:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/41710: [port]  lame update (fix CFLAGS)

The following reply was made to PR ports/41710; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
To: Alexander@Leidinger.net
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:00:40 +0200 (CEST)

 In article <200208161440.g7GEe5ne009408@freefall.freebsd.org> you write:

 >  There's no need to remove "OPTIMIZATION": as long as nobody uses
 >  "--enable-expopt={yes,full}" for configure, it doesn't get used.

 Wrong.  Further down in configure, there's an assignment
 CFLAGS="${OPTIMIZATION} ${CFLAGS}".  This isn't worth arguing about,
 just go and test it yourself.

 >  What's wrong with adding "-Wall -pipe" to CFLAGS?

 *I* want to decide if I build with "-pipe" or without.  And if I
 want to, then what's the point of "-pipe -pipe"?  "-Wall" doesn't
 add anything outside development.

 Basically these happened to be nearby, so I removed them along with
 the other cruft that killed the compile on -CURRENT/alpha.