Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:30:42 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVS process runaways

Using pserver in cvs for local software projects between multiple
FreeBSD machines. All of recent to most-recent -stable. Have noticed
the past 6 months a number of runaway CVS processes sucking 100% CPU
time if they could get it. Never knew how to create this situation
until recently.

"cvs update" on a remote machine with CVSROOT as something like
":pserver:dkelly@10.0.0.5:/home/ncvs". Abort cvs with ^C before it
completes. The cvs process on 10.0.0.5 runs away. Altho it seems to
runaway sometimes when "cvs update" appears to run to completion
normally.

What, if anything, have we done wrong? If its not my screw up then
where is the right place to report this? Via send-pr to the FreeBSD
project, or to  CVS developers?

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net