Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:45:32 -0700
From:      Jason Wolfe <nitroboost@gmail.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>, Hooman Fazaeli <hoomanfazaeli@gmail.com>,  Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel 82574L interface wedging - em7.3.2/8.2-STABLE

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM, John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Sunday, March 11, 2012 3:47:07 am Hooman Fazaeli wrote:
>> On 3/11/2012 5:31 AM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>> > Are you able to post the patch here?
>> > Maybe Jack can look at what's going on and apply it to the latest
>> > intel ethernet driver.
>> >

>> > Adrian
>> >

>> Below is the patch for if_em.c (7.2.3). It simply checks driver's
>> queue status when the link state changes (inactive -> active) and
>> start transmit task if queue(s) are not empty.
>>
>> It also contains stuff I have added to compile on 7 plus some code
>> for test and diagnostics.
>
> Hmm, so I have yet to test this, but I found several bugs related to tran=
smit
> in em(4) and igb(4) recently just reading the code. =A0(Mostly unnecessar=
> scheduling of tasks for transmit.) =A0I've included your change of restar=
ting
> TX when link becomes active. =A0I've also updated it to fix resume for em
> and igb to DTRT when buf_ring is used, and to not include old-style start
> routines at all when using multiq. =A0It is at
> http://www.freebsd.org/~jhb/patches/e1000_txeof2.patch
>
> --
> John Baldwin

John/Hooman,

Thank for the patch sirs, so far it does look like it did the trick.
I'll know for certain here in a few days if I'm still in the clear.
I'm guessing after it goes through some more testing it'll be too late
to slip it into 8.3?

Adrian, Sounds like you might be all set on hardware, but if anything
falls through let me know.

Jason