Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 21:17:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        kmitch@weenix.guru.org, scsi@freebsd.org, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freezes/Reboots with -current ahc driver

Steve Passe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I just upgraded my 2.2-STABLE system (from around April 1) to 3.0-current
> > (as of April 21) to gain use of the SMP stuff.
> >
> > Now, I am experiancing system freezes and reboots during the
> > nightly backup.  No error messages ever appear from what I can tell.
> > The little SCSI light doesn;t even stay solidly lit when the system
> > freezes.  I didn't have any problems with the 2.2-STABLE system.
> >
> > I am only using SCB paging.  Tagged queuing has never worked with my
> > Micropolis 4221W.  I just get all kinds of timeouts with tht option
> > on.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen anything similar??

I don't belive that this is a SMP problem.  I'm running the same current
here and am seeing random reboots (not panics) 1-4 times a day.
I'm running on a 486DX4-100, 24MB and NO SMP.

> details please.
>
> what backup tool are you using when it crashes?
>
> are any NFS mounted partitions involved?
>
> are you using APIC_IO?
>
> is ddb installed in your kernel, if not please add.
>

> --
> Steve Passe	| powered by
> smp@csn.net	|            Symmetric MultiProcessor FreeBSD

Gary

--
Gary Clark II   (N5VMF) |    I speak only for myself and "maybe" my company
gclarkii@GBData.COM     |          Member of the FreeBSD Doc Team