Date:      Fri, 13 Dec 2002 21:11:21 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        David Loszewski <stealth215@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: no internal access to webpage

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 02:04:02AM -0500, David Loszewski wrote:
> I'm having a problem where I can't access my webpage internally but can
> access it externally.  I'm running all FreeBSD 4.6.2 and 4.7 machines
> and have no internal namerserver of anytype.  do I need to create an
> internal nameserver for myself to type in my domain name and come up
> with my webpage?  I have a gateway and the gateway forwards any requests
> for port 80 to the webserver.

Unfortunately that doesn't work (as other posters may have already
told you).

I used to get around that problem by having 2 DNS servers running on
separate machines, one for external queries, and another one for
internal queries. Nowadays, I used BIND9's multiple views to handle
external/internal queries with one DNS server.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>