Date:      20 Jul 2000 01:07:43 +0200
From:      Slawek Zak <zaks@prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   tcpdump on tun0 strangeness

I've found a strange bahaviour of tcpdump in 4.1-RC (and 4.0) when
listening on tun0 interface. When I specify the protocol to filter,
tcpdump shows only packets going out. Without the filter I see all the
packets.

# tcpdump -i tun0

Shows all packets when pinging any remote host

# tcpdump -i tun0 icmp

Shows only packets going out.

# tcpdump -i fxp0 icmp (Ethernet link)

Works just fine too.

Any ideas??
--
`When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to
 its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are