Date:      02 May 2002 02:40:02 -0300
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   **HEADS UP** GNOME 2.0 components make it to RC 1

--=-sSU1A+op6J9qUtHTLhnK

I've just updated the GNOME 2.0 components to the RC 1 release.  We're
getting closer to having the full desktop ported over.  Right now, the
GNOME 1.4 and GNOME 2.0 APIs can be installed concurrently on the same
machine.  However, the desktops will be mutually independent.  That is,
ports like gnomepanel and gnomedesktop _cannot_ be installed on the same
machine in the same PREFIX as gnomecore.  More on this will be
forthcoming when the GNOME 2.0 desktop is ready to run.

A screenshot of the first running (useful) GNOME 2 application on
FreeBSD can be found at http://www.marcuscom.com/gnome-terminal2.png
(okay, maybe not _the_ first, but certainly the first from my ports
tree).

Many, many thanks to sobomax, and all those that filed PRs along the
way.  Please test if you can and you're willing.

Joe

--=-sSU1A+op6J9qUtHTLhnK

--=-sSU1A+op6J9qUtHTLhnK--