Date:      Tue, 15 May 2012 19:57:56 +0100
From:      Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Odd mouse issue with new xorg-server

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:30 AM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I hit a weird one with the new xorg-server. I have previously been
> running the xorg-devel from about 4or 5 months ago, so it's something
> that has happened since then.

This is just a 'me too'. In my case, it seems like restarting hald
allows X to start up and find the mouse. Full details and logs in the
"Strange keyboard/hald issues after upgrading to 9-STABLE and latest
ports" thread.

I see the current solutions suggest to disable hald, either by
completely disabling it from X, or by "AutoAddDevices off". In my
case, these are not solutions, as I rely on hald noticing when new
keyboards and mice are added to the computer and making them available
to X - I often dock and undock my laptop, the dock has two keyboards
and two mice attached to it.

I also don't fully understand what the problem is either. Earlier
versions of hald/Xorg were capable of finding my mouse every single
time they started up. These new versions do not seem fit for use.

Cheers

Tom