Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2013 23:55:55 +0000
From:      "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>, Devin Teske <dteske@freebsd.org>, "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>
Subject:   Re: zpool upgrade issue?

On Sep 20, 2013, at 4:51 PM, Glen Barber wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 11:44:54PM +0000, Teske, Devin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>=20
>> I recently upgraded a ZFS pool on my system and the reported version
>> changed from "14" to "-" and I'm wondering if this is a bug.
>>=20
>> dteske@hvm2a ~ $ zpool list
>> NAME          SIZE  ALLOC   FREE    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
>> LSI-RAID1    1.39T  6.58G  1.39T     0%  1.00x  ONLINE  -
>> NEC2_POOL_A  3.91T   126K  3.91T     0%  1.00x  ONLINE  -
>> dteske@hvm2a ~ $ zpool status
>>  pool: LSI-RAID1
>> state: ONLINE
>> status: The pool is formatted using a legacy on-disk format.  The pool c=
an
>> 	still be used, but some features are unavailable.
>> action: Upgrade the pool using 'zpool upgrade'.  Once this is done, the
>> 	pool will no longer be accessible on software that does not support fea=
ture
>> 	flags.
>>  scan: none requested
>> config:
>>=20
>> 	NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>> 	LSI-RAID1   ONLINE       0     0     0
>> 	  mfid0s1g  ONLINE       0     0     0
>> 	  mfid1     ONLINE       0     0     0
>>=20
>> errors: No known data errors
>>=20
>>  pool: NEC2_POOL_A
>> state: ONLINE
>> status: The pool is formatted using a legacy on-disk format.  The pool c=
an
>> 	still be used, but some features are unavailable.
>> action: Upgrade the pool using 'zpool upgrade'.  Once this is done, the
>> 	pool will no longer be accessible on software that does not support fea=
ture
>> 	flags.
>>  scan: none requested
>> config:
>>=20
>> 	NAME                    STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>> 	NEC2_POOL_A             ONLINE       0     0     0
>> 	  multipath/NEC2_LUN_A  ONLINE       0     0     0
>>=20
>> errors: No known data errors
>> dteske@hvm2a ~ $ zpool get version
>> NAME         PROPERTY  VALUE    SOURCE
>> LSI-RAID1    version   14       local
>> NEC2_POOL_A  version   14       local
>>=20
>>=20
>> =3D=3D=3D Now for the upgrade =3D=3D=3D
>>=20
>>=20
>> dteske@hvm2a ~ $ uname -a
>> FreeBSD hvm2a 8.4-STABLE FreeBSD 8.4-STABLE #2 r255470M: Wed Sep 11 01:2=
9:15 UTC 2013     dteske@push840-64.vicor.com:/usr/src/sys/amd64/compile/FI=
S-amd64  amd64
>> dteske@hvm2a ~ $ sr zpool upgrade -a
>> [sudo] Password:
>> This system supports ZFS pool feature flags.
>>=20
>> Successfully upgraded 'LSI-RAID1' from version 14 to feature flags.
>> Enabled the following features on 'LSI-RAID1':
>>  async_destroy
>>  empty_bpobj
>>  lz4_compress
>>=20
>> Successfully upgraded 'NEC2_POOL_A' from version 14 to feature flags.
>> Enabled the following features on 'NEC2_POOL_A':
>>  async_destroy
>>  empty_bpobj
>>  lz4_compress
>>=20
>> dteske@hvm2a ~ $ zpool get version
>> NAME         PROPERTY  VALUE    SOURCE
>> LSI-RAID1    version   -        default
>> NEC2_POOL_A  version   -        default
>>=20
>> =3D=3D=3D Why doesn't it say 28?? =3D=3D=3D
>>=20
>=20
> Because it isn't version 28.  Since the feature flags
> (zpool-features(7)), the zpool spa version is 5000.
>=20

Thanks.

I also happened across r236884 and am reading up on that now too.
--=20
Devin

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.