Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:17:51 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AoE for 4.x

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 12:59:35PM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
>=20
> I'm sure you mentionned this before, but why ar eyou not doing it=20
> against -current first?
>=20
> We generally don't allow changes to 4.x untill they have settled a bit=20
> in -current.  (or 5.x)

We also specifically do not allow new functionality in branches other
then current without a VERY good reason[0].  This is to avoid losing the
functionality in later releases which annoys the users.

-- Brooks

[0] For example, we might allow a 80386 only feature (if such a thing
existed) to be implemented in 5-STABLE without going in to 6-CURRENT
since there would be no point in adding it to a branch without 80386
support.

--=20

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV--